The current Zoning Officer/Property Maintenance Administrator is:
Phone: 570-275-5521 EX. 5
Email: [email protected]
- Administrator of all activities within the Township relating to interpretation of the Ordinances and the issuing or processing of permits where required by the following, the Zoning Ordinance Chapter 250, The Subdivision Land Development Ordinance Chapter 211, and the Property Maintenance Code.
- To forward all plans for Subdivision or Land Development to the Township Engineer for review, comment or recommendation.
Zoning Hearing Board:
This board consists of 3 members and 2 alternates, appointed by the Supervisors. The board does not meet on a regular schedule. It meets at 6:00 PM within sixty (60) days from the date of the application when applications are submitted warranting or requiring a hearing regarding the Zoning Regulations found in Chapter 250 of the Mahoning Township Zoning Ordinance. Members of this board are not allowed to serve Mahoning Township in any other capacity.
The Current members of the Zoning Hearing Board are:
David Shope (Chairman)
Alternates: Jeff Shultz, Richard Phillipkoskie
This board acts as an independent board to conduct hearings involving any of the following:
- The appeal of any decision made by the Zoning Officer or Municipal engineer in the administration of the Zoning Ordinance.
- An application requesting a variance.
- A validity challenger of the Township Zoning Ordinance.
- An application requesting an interpretation of the Zoning Ordinance.
Andrew Barton, Livic Civil
Building plans examiner/and building permit officials:
- Building Inspection Underwriters. INC (BIU)
Contact person: Mathew Witmer